Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by advait75 <ad...@retailwave.com> on 2009/11/16 19:08:41 UTC

Creating a new entity

Hi,

I tried creating a new entity and adding screens that would list, add,
create, edit and delete this entity. I did so by copying existing entities
and screens. I made changes in the following files -
applications/product/entitydef/EntityModel.xml
applications/product/script/org/ofbiz/product/product/ProductServices.xml
applications/product/widget/catalog/Menus.xml
applications/product/servicedef/services.xml
applications/product/widget/catalog/ProductScreens.xml
applications/product/webapp/catalog/product/ProductForms.xml
applications/product/webapp/catalog/WEB-INF/controller.xml

However, when I try to access the page, I get the following error -

org.ofbiz.webapp.control.RequestHandlerException: No definition found for
view with name

Can somebody please tell me if I'm missing any other file that I need to
modify, or point me to a tutorial where I can learn how to create a new
entity. I have already gone through the Hello World New App tutorial, but I
dont see how to create a new entity and add screens to work with these new
entities.

Thanks.

Re: Creating a new entity

Posted by advait75 <ad...@retailwave.com>.
Jacques,

Thank you very much for the pointer.

Re: Creating a new entity

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

From: "Oliver Thoms" <ot...@unitb-consulting.de>

Re: AW: Creating a new entity

Posted by advait75 <ad...@retailwave.com>.
Hi Oliver,

Thanks for pointing me to the tutorials. I had to change a few things here
and there to get it working with the latest version og OFBiz, but it works
great and was able to complete the tutorial.

Thanks again.

AW: Creating a new entity