Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Phill Campbell <Si...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2020/05/01 20:41:42 UTC

Solr 8.5.1 Using Port 10001 doesn't work in Dashboard

Today I installed Solr 8.5.1 to replace an 8.2.0 installation.
It is a clean install, not a migration, there was no data that I needed to keep.

I run Solr (Solr Cloud Mode) on ports starting with 10001. I have been doing this since Solr 5x releases.

In my experiment I have 1 shard with replication factor of 2.

http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10001/solr/#/ <http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10001/solr/#/>

http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10002/solr/#/ <http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10002/solr/#/>

If I go to the “10001” instance the URL changes and is messed up and no matter which link in the dashboard I click it shows the same information.
So, use Solr is running, the dashboard comes up.

The URL changes and looks like this:

http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10001/solr/#!/#%2F

However, on port 10002 it stays like this and show the proper UI in the dashboard:

http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10002/solr/#/ <http://10.xxx.xxx.xxx:10002/solr/#/>

To make sure something wasn’t interfering with port 10001 I re-installed my previous Solr installation and it works fine.

What is this “#!” (Hash bang) stuff in the URL?
How can I run on port 10001?

Probably something obvious, but I just can’t see it.

For every link from the dashboard:
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~logging
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~cloud
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~collections
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~java-properties
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~threads
:10001/solr/#!/#%2F~cluster-suggestions

From “10002” I see everything fine.
:10002/solr/#/~cloud

Shows the following:

Host
10.xxx.xxx.xxx
Linux 3.10.0-1127.el7.x86_64, 2cpu
Uptime: unknown
Memory: 14.8Gb
File descriptors: 180/1000000
Disk: 49.1Gb used: 5%
Load: 0

Node
10001_solr
Uptime: 2h 10m
Java 1.8.0_222
Solr 8.5.1
---------------
10002_solr
Uptime: 2h 9m
Java 1.8.0_222
Solr 8.5.1

If I switch my starting port from 10001 to 10002 both instances work. (10002, and 10003)
If I switch my starting port from 10001 to 10101 both instances work. (10101, and 10102)

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Solr 8.5.1 Using Port 10001 doesn't work in Dashboard

Posted by Jan Høydahl <ja...@cominvent.com>.
Try force refresh the page or clear browser cache, probably some old admin UI files still cached in chrome.

Jan Høydahl

Posted by Sylvain James <sy...@gmail.com>.
I'm currently studying solr with the latest version 9.0.0 (git trunk
master).
I tried to stwitch back to the 8.5.1 ans tested the ui both on Chrome and
Firefox.
I didn't seen the problem again, all were fine, so it is interesting to
play again after clearing cache browser.

Sylvain

Posted by Phill Campbell <Si...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by ART GALLERY <al...@goretoy.com>.
check out the videos on this website TROO.TUBE don't be such a
sheep/zombie/loser/NPC. Much love!
https://troo.tube/videos/watch/aaa64864-52ee-4201-922f-41300032f219

Posted by Phill Campbell <Si...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Sylvain James <sy...@gmail.com>.