Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Charles Baker <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2003/02/06 10:26:25 UTC

Re: Velocity and Web Content Management

--- Sameer Maggon <ma...@newgen.co.in> wrote:
> Hi List,
>
> I am planning to work on a Web Content Management
> system. Can I use Velocity
> Templating language as a Templating Engine in my WCM
> product. Is Velocity
> flexible and suitable for this purpose and if I
> incorporate Velocity as a
> Templating Engine, is it possible to switch to some
> other templating
> language down the line. I mean architecturally is it
> possible.
>
> Thanx
> Sameer

Have a look at JPublish:

http://www.jpublish.org/

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
http://www.charleshbaker.com/~chb/
If you cannot in the long run tell everyone what you have been doing,
your doing was worthless. -- Edwin Schrodinger

Re: Velocity and Web Content Management

Posted by Rodrigo Reyes <ro...@instaservi.com>.
My 2c...
    I have been working with Velocity for almost a year and it is quite
flexible. I have even use it for things it was not supposed to be used
because of the complexity of the tasks involved (remember Velocity is not
supposed to be a complete JSP replacement. It is just a Templating Engine
which as I see it, makes it superior to JSP). I didn't know about the new
features in JPublish, but I have tried previous versions and it is an easy
and flexible framework, so give it a look.

Rodrigo

Posted by Anthony Eden <ae...@signaturedomains.com>.