Posted to common-commits@hadoop.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2007/10/23 10:00:20 UTC

[Lucene-hadoop Wiki] Trivial Update of "Hbase/RDF" by InchulSong

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Lucene-hadoop Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by InchulSong:
http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-hadoop/Hbase/RDF

The comment on the change is:
work in progress added

  parallel, distributed query processing.

  === Related projects ===
-  * The issue [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1608 HADOOP-1608 Relational Algrebra Operators] is designing and implementing relational algebra operators.
+  * The issue [https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-1608 HADOOP-1608 Relational Algrebra Operators] is designing and implementing relational algebra operators.
+   * This is a MapReduce implementation of relational operators, including join operators. Edward is working hard in here now.
-  * [:Hbase/HbaseShell: HbaseShell] provides a command line tool in which we can manipulate tables in Hbase. We are also planning to use HbaseShell to manipulate and query RDF data to be stored in Hbase.
+  * [:Hbase/HbaseShell: HbaseShell] provides a command line tool in which we can manipulate tables in Hbase. We are also planning to use HbaseShell to manipulate and query RDF data stored in Hbase.
   * [http://www.openrdf.org/forum/mvnforum/viewthread?thread=1423 A forum at Aduna/Sesame] would be interested in working with this group.

  === Initial Contributors ===
@@ -40, +41 @@

  that implements several relational operators, including joins. They have extended the
  MapReduce framework with an additional Merge phase to implement efficient data relationship processing.
  See the Paper section below for more information. -- Thanks stack.
- (Somebody help us here!)
+ (Edward is now implementing join operators using the MapReduce framework.)

  But the problem is that there is an initial delay in executing MapReduce jobs due to
  the time spent in assigning the computations to multiple machines. This
@@ -110, +111 @@

  Hbase >
  }}}
  ----
- == Alternatives ==
+ == Alternatives For RDF Storage ==
   * A triples table stores RDF triples in a single table with three attributes, subject, property, and object.
   * A property table. Put properties frequently queried togather into a single table to reduce costly self-joins. Used in Jena and Oracle.
   * A dicomposed storage model (DSM), one table for each property, sorted by the subject. Used in C-Store.