Posted to taglibs-dev@jakarta.apache.org by Ch...@mra.man.de on 2005/05/10 15:24:49 UTC

Using Datagrid together with Servlet Version 2.4

Hi all,

I have got a big problem using the datagrid taglib and I hope someone
can help me.

When I am trying to use the datagrid taglib together with the following
header of my web.xml file, an error occurs.

<web-app 	xmlns="http://java.sun.com/xml/ns/j2ee"

			version="2.4"

.
.
.

The error is: "According to TLD or attribute directive in tag file,
attribute items does not accept any expressions"

The Code of my jsp-file is (taken from the datagrid-examples):

<ui:dataGrid items="${employees}" var="employee" name="datagrid1"
cellPadding="1" cellSpacing="0">
  <columns>
    <column width="100" order="true">
      <header value="Name" hAlign="center" styleClass="header1"/>
      <item   value="${employee.firstName} ${employee.lastName}"
hAlign="left" styleClass="item1"/>
      <aggregate function="count" var="total"/>
      <footer value="Total ${total}" hAlign="left"
styleClass="footer1"/>
    </column>
.
.
.

If the header of my web.xml file is replaced with the following lines,
everything works fine (taken from the datagrid-examples).

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?> <!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC
"-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application 2.2//EN"
    "http://java.sun.com/j2ee/dtds/web-app_2_2.dtd">
<web-app>

Because I am using Struts and some other things in my web-project, I
need version 2.4.
And because I am a newbie in this area, I don't know, how to solve this
problem. Thank you in advance for your help.

Best Regards

Christian

RE: Using Datagrid together with Servlet Version 2.4

Posted by Néstor Boscán <ne...@tcs.com.ve>.
Hi Christian

The problem is that the datagrid does not work with servlet version 2.4. We
are currently planning to develop a 2.4 version. If I have something I'll
let you know.

Regards,

Néstor Boscán