Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk> on 2009/08/11 02:29:37 UTC

t5: URLWriting and non t5 site

Hi,

is it possible to use URL rewriting for non t5 urls? example:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/items

it will end up to: http://php_app.127.0.0.1:8080
without the new url got shown in the address bar of browser?

Thanks,

angelo

Re: t5: URLWriting and non t5 site

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
I don't know anything about it but Caucho claims to have a working implementation
http://www.caucho.com/resin-3.0/quercus/

Martin

Posted by Angelo Chen <an...@yahoo.com.hk>.
Hi,

Posted by Martin Strand <do...@gmail.com>.
That depends on your setup...

If you're running both applications through an Apache instance (with mod_php and a proxy to your servlet container) you could rewrite the request there with mod_rewrite, before it even reaches Tapestry.
I don't think you'll be able to change the Host header, but perhaps that's not necessary to make the php app work?

If you're running the PHP app from your servlet container I suppose this could be doable if Tapestry rewrites the request and then forwards it to your PHP servlet.

If the two applications aren't even running in the same web server instance, you need a forward proxy. mod_rewrite can do this, and I think there are proxies available for Tomcat and Jetty too. Tapestry's url rewriting has no proxying support as far as I know.

Martin