Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Kapoor, Deepesh" <De...@spe.sony.com> on 2015/11/10 09:05:03 UTC

Deserialization vulnerability in Apache Commons Collection

Hi Team,

This is regarding "commons-collections Java library". In our applications we are widely using this library and hence looking to urgently patch the fix for vulnerability issue if it is available.
Searching on internet we found one patch released on Sunday 08th Nov http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1713307

Just wanted to check with you if there is any updated / complied version of commons-collections jar available or going to be released soon which we can directly replace with our existing jar file that provides the fix for the vulnerability issue.

Thanks in advance!

Thanks & Regards,
Deepesh

Re: Deserialization vulnerability in Apache Commons Collection

Posted by Timo <Ma...@gmx.de>.
Hi Deepesh,

there is an ongoing vote to release commons-collections 3.2.2, which
by default prevents InvokerTransformer from being deserialized. You
can find the release notes here:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/collections/RELEASE-NOTES.txt

For further information, please take a look at the ASF blog:
https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache_commons_statement_to_widespread

Timo