Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by abo <oj...@weberhofer.at> on 2004/08/20 15:04:10 UTC

OJB+JNDI Datasource clarification

hi,

I have read some postings about OJB's datasource handling and I'm
confused now.
It's said, that you have to
a.) put username/password both in the datasource.xml and
repository_database.xml or
b.) let username/password blank and give it to the broker (with pbkey)
at runtime.

why is that?

if I tell ojb in repository_database.xml to use a specifc JNDI datasource,
ojb could obtain a connection from this datasource without a
password/username (because they are already configured wihtin the
datasource), so why does ojb need them again?

thanks very much for your answers,
andreas

Re: OJB+JNDI Datasource clarification

Posted by Andreas Bohnert <oj...@weberhofer.at>.