Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Scott Nesbitt <sc...@yahoo.com> on 2009/08/04 16:05:35 UTC

Mixing portlet with regular pages

I have an existing Struts 2.1.6 configuration that is working fine.  I am interested in adding a new page that contains a single portlet, and also having the portlet be accessed from a totally different server.  Is this possible with the Struts portlet plugin?

I have read the portlet plugin and tutorial pages and am about to dive into this but wanted to make sure it is feasible first.

Any tips or pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Scott

Re: [OT} Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.
Musachy Barroso wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Dave Newton<ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Oh, great; now my Smart Card will *never* talk to my webapp.
>
> I guess it wasn't that smart after all.

I'm going to introduce my own JSR for Stupid Cards.

Dave

Re: [OT} Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 3:11 PM, Dave Newton<ne...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Oh, great; now my Smart Card will *never* talk to my webapp.

I guess it wasn't that smart after all.

musachy

[OT} Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
"McMurphy: That's right, Mr. Martini. There is an Easter Bunny. " One
Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
mg>understood..the gauntlet has been tossed
mg>what proof do you request?

> > probably wise to beg off this particular plugin until all P1 bugs are quashed
> >

> Very insightful...
mg>thank you

> > the JSR268 readme and core sample is located at
> > https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SimpleBundleDownload
> >

> I'm not sure what you're trying to link to, but that only gives "The
> product you requested is not available at this time" for me.
mg>yep looks like admin is doing some maintenance
mg>i'll ping to see when he anticipates patches are operational

http://www.windowslive-hotmail.com/LearnMore/personalize.aspx?ocid=PID23391::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HYGN_express:082009

Re: Mixing portlet with regular pages

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Martin Gainty <mg...@hotmail.com>.
probably wise to beg off this particular plugin until all P1 bugs are quashed

the JSR268 readme and core sample is located at
https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_JCP-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewFilteredProducts-SimpleBundleDownload

i would strongly suggest implementing your Portlets with JetSpeed 2 released in May 2009
among the features:
Secure Access - Security based on standards, ACLsSingle Point of Entry (SSO, Federated) Enterprise Integration -  (EAI, integration points)Personalization - (customizers, skins) Dynamic Web Components - (portlets based on standards-in this case JSR268)
Scaleable, Component Architecture featuring multi-threading libraries

there are roughly 17 rfcs the JSR-268 support ..get to know them on need-to-know basis
http://portals.apache.org/jetspeed-2

feel free to ping me offline for any questions
Martin Gainty

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.