Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org> on 2013/11/01 19:47:56 UTC

Re: [Merge] Palo Alto Networks firewall integration to master

Nice work Will!

I've checked the code, it included the UI part and unit test as well.
Really impressed!

Just one comment: you can git-format-patch to generate the patch. It would
includes author and description information automatically, which is easier
for applying.

+1!

--Sheng

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.
On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 06:59:25PM +0000, Animesh Chaturvedi wrote:
> mvn --projects='org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack' org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.8:check

s/0.8/0.10 if you want the latest

Re: [Merge] Palo Alto Networks firewall integration to master

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Perfect.  Thank you for the details.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.
RAT is release audit tool and checks for missing license headers. You can run it as below

mvn --projects='org.apache.cloudstack:cloudstack' org.apache.rat:apache-rat-plugin:0.8:check

The build should FAIL if there are any non-compliant files that are not specifically excluded from the ASF license header requirement. You can optionally review the target/rat.txt file after the run completes.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Fixed.

Posted by Animesh Chaturvedi <an...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Great!  Thank you Sheng...

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.
Looks good to me.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.
So perhaps a bit of history.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by David Nalley <da...@gnsa.us>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Sheng Yang <sh...@yasker.org>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@apache.org>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.

Posted by Will Stevens <ws...@cloudops.com>.
Great, thank you Sheng...

I have updated the diff for the patch review with a new version which was
created using the 'git format-patch' format.

A note that may help others.  I found this very helpful when squashing my
branch of changes to a patch for master:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/616556/how-do-you-squash-commits-into-one-patch-with-git-format-patch?answertab=votes#tab-top