Posted to photark-dev@incubator.apache.org by kusum kumar <ku...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/31 05:01:28 UTC

PhotArk GSOC proposal

Can somebody brief on what work is intended on PhotArk project of Apache
under GSOC 2009.? I am working on standalone application of a
photo-viewer.I  wanted to know details
so that i can frame my gsoc proposal accordingly. Suggestions and advices
will be highly appreciated.

Re: PhotArk GSOC proposal

Posted by Luciano Resende <lu...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM, kusum kumar <ku...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can somebody brief on what work is intended on PhotArk project of Apache
> under GSOC 2009.? I am working on standalone application of a
> photo-viewer.I  wanted to know details
> so that i can frame my gsoc proposal accordingly. Suggestions and advices
> will be highly appreciated.

Hi kusum kumar,

   Thanks for your interest in PhotArk. We are currently developing a
photo gallery application and at the moment, new albums are added by
editing a XML like file (composite file). We are looking to add an
admin interface where users would be able to create new galleries, and
define new albums + link to external albums, etc. We should integrate
this admin interface to be existent PhotArk UI, but also think about
connectivity with external applications.

--
Luciano Resende
http://people.apache.org/~lresende