Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Steve Lake <st...@raiden.net> on 2007/01/18 02:37:43 UTC

Sa-update does nothing??

         Ok, had some of that new home grown spam getting through recently,
especially that garbled Russian nonsense, so I ran sa-update to update my
rules.  It sat there thinking for a second and then dropped to a command
prompt again.  There's no sign anywhere that it did anything to update my
rules.  Did I miss something, or possibly miss a step?

Steven Lake
Owner/Technical Writer
Raiden's Realm
www.raiden.net
A friendly web community

Re: Sa-update does nothing??

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jan 17, 2007 at 08:37:43PM -0500, Steve Lake wrote:
> prompt again.  There's no sign anywhere that it did anything to update my
> rules.  Did I miss something, or possibly miss a step?

Nope.  By default it provides no output other than an exit code (so you
can do things like "sa-update && service spamd restart").  If you're
curious about what is going on, run with -D.

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
"See, there's still a lot of heat in there. That rice is still cooking. You