Posted to doc@openoffice.apache.org by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net> on 2022/09/14 17:40:59 UTC

Help with Creating New ODM File for Getting Started

Greetings All;

I have been trying to create a new ODM file for the 4.1 Getting Started
Guide and have hit a roadblock. I am having serious system problems and
AOO will no longer create a TOC that creates the proper links to the
rest of the document. This is trying to verify that the cross references
that Jean found with the last pdf are taken care of.

If one of you could do this it would be greatly appreciated so we can
this this published finally.

Regards
Keith

RE: Help with Creating New ODM File for Getting Started

Posted by Dennis Hamilton <or...@msn.com>.
Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.
LO developers finally fixed that master doc bug (inherited from OO) a few
(2? 3?) years ago.
Jean

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Dick Groskamp wrote:
> Op 15-9-2022 om 03:26 schreef Keith N. McKenna:
>> Jean Weber wrote:
>>> As I’ve said before, a bug in AOO means that a book created using a
>>> master
>>> doc (ODM) and the chapter files (containing hidden sections) will
>>> have some
>>> incorrect internal cross-references to figure captions. More reliable to
>>> use an ODT for the front matter and then copy and paste from chapter
>>> files
>>> to make a book.
>>> Jean
>>>
>> Thanks Jean. I will start on that tomorrow. I will also try to track
>> down the bug and see if I can raise the priority to get it fixed.
>>
>> Regards
>> Keith
>>

>>> On Thu, 15 Sep 2022 at 03:41 Keith N. McKenna
>>> <ke...@comcast.net>

> Keith,
>
> you don't need to blame yourself. I've also given up on the ODM.
>
> As Jean says: "a bug in AOO means that a book created using a master
> doc (ODM) and the chapter files (containing hidden sections) will have some
> incorrect internal cross-references to figure captions."
>
> I've created Dutch odms in the past and never came across this. For now
> I've tried several times and ultimately gave up on it.
>
> Importing all chapters into one .odt works for me

Dick;

Posted by Dick Groskamp <th...@quicknet.nl.INVALID>.

--
DiGro

Re: Help with Creating New ODM File for Getting Started

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.

Posted by Jean Weber <je...@gmail.com>.