Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Pham Tuan Minh <ph...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/29 09:08:59 UTC

Eliminate edit button

Hi all,
When user login the portal, we see an edit button on the top and right hand. How to eliminate it.
Please, help me.
Thanks.

---------------------------------

Re: *SPAM* Eliminate edit button

Posted by Jouni Rajala <jo...@systeemiratkaisu.fi>.
Pham Tuan Minh kirjoitti:

>Hi all,
>When user login the portal, we see an edit button on the top and right hand. How to eliminate it.
>Please, help me.
>Thanks.
>
>---------------------------------

It is because jetspeed creates customizable 'home page' for each
registered user by default and user
has rights to modify this page.

User can also add any portlet to that page including portlets for
administration which is very bad IMHO.
So by default jetspeed allows new registered user to add user
administration portlets on his page and
reset admin passwords for example.

Remove files in WEB-INF/pages/_user/template but leave the directory
there, because
otherwise registering to system will fail. This way user don't get the
customizable page at all and
he can't edit it or add new portlets to that page. System will still
create empty folder for each
user under WEB-INF/pages/_user but it should be empty.

This is just workaround and not actual solution to problem. There should
be option for disable
this feature entirely and also some system to limit access to
individiual portlets and portlet applications
so that those can't be added to page.

--
Jouni Rajala