Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org> on 2017/03/16 09:27:56 UTC

Any interest in an OFBiz User Conference?

Hi Everyone

I'm posting a message here to see if there is any interest in organising an OFBiz user conference. Our project doesn't currently hold any meetups at all and we generally only meetup at Apachecon if we have an OFBiz track included.

For Apachecon NA 2017 , unfortunately no OFBiz related talks were selected but I'm wondering if OFBiz users would like to have our own conference which would be something more tailored to OFBiz.

I did start a thread on our dev list but am also asking here to get feedback from our user community too.

https://s.apache.org/SYXy

What do people think?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: Any interest in an OFBiz User Conference?

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@apache.org>.
Thanks very much for the feedback Paul and I totally agree with you although it sounds like not many people from the community are interested at the moment. Even so I'd still like to have a go at trying to organise something just as a proof of concept. :-)

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Paul Mandeltort <pa...@marcospec.com>.

Posted by raj dugar <rj...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
please remove me from this mail chain .

    On Friday, 31 March 2017, 0:20, Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> wrote:

 Why not, let's give it a try and see how it rolls out.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
Great idea, Sharan!

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

We must give it a try. We know that there are plenty of OFBiz users out
there and it must be of interest for sure. The only thing that IMO may be
required here to reach out to people personally if possible. This is
something we may need to consider and do.

Best regards,

Pranay Pandey
Senior Manager, Enterprise Software Development
HotWax Systems
http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/