Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Lorin Johnson <lo...@interfacecontrol.com> on 2006/11/14 17:11:14 UTC

Please fix the spam problem

This list is becoming annoying and unusable.  Why did this start today, but
has never happened before?

Thanks for your help,

Lorin Johnson

Re: Please fix the spam problem

Posted by Ted Dennison <de...@ssd.fsi.com>.
Hal Vaughan wrote:
> Update:
>
> I was hoping to be gone by now, but heard from Mark at Intek who has
> said he'll whitelist tigris.org on that system and it should work.
> Hope it does.

Me too. However, I noticed this line in the bounces:

-0.2 AWL                    AWL: From: address is in the auto white-list

(+ entries are mostly 3.0ish)

Which looks to me like we are *already* in a whitelist. I hope he's got some other whitelist that gets a much higher score than his "auto white-list".

Thanks for taking some initiative on this though, Hal.

--
T.E.D.   Work     -  mailto:dennison@ssd.fsi.com
         Home     -  mailto:dennison@telepath.com (Yahoo: Ted_Dennison)

Re: Please fix the spam problem

Posted by Jeremy Pereira <je...@jeremyp.net>.
On 14 Nov 2006, at 20:55, Hal Vaughan wrote:

> Update:
>
> I was hoping to be gone by now, but heard from Mark at Intek who has
> said he'll whitelist tigris.org on that system and it should work.
> Hope it does.

But that's not what's broken.  What is broken is that he is
forwarding the message marked as spam to the recipient in the RFC 822
header (users@subversion.tigris.org) instead of the RFC 821 envelope
recipient  (cmills@intek.com).

I'm copying this to mark@intek.com in case he hasn't realised.

Posted by Hal Vaughan <ha...@thresholddigital.com>.
Update:

Posted by Hal Vaughan <ha...@thresholddigital.com>.

Re: AW: Re: Please fix the spam problem

Posted by Ted Dennison <de...@ssd.fsi.com>.
Felix Gilcher wrote:
> What an irony. Using spam filters to catch spam produced by spam filters...

It beats complaining about spam produced by spam filters, which then
gets spammed back because the spam filter thought the complaint was a
spam...

The really funny thing is that the subject headers of these re-spam
spams are starting to resemble the Monty Python song that inspired
people to use the word for unwanted messages in the first place.

Posted by Felix Gilcher <gi...@exozet.com>.
Duncan Murdoch <ma...@stats.uwo.ca> schrieb am Dienstag, 14. November 2006 18:52:

> On 11/14/2006 12:11 PM, Lorin Johnson wrote:
>> This list is becoming annoying and unusable.  Why did this start
>> today, but has never happened before?
>
> Blame it on cmills@intek.com (who is apparently subscribed to this
> list), or mark@intek.com (who is the listed contact), or
> whoever is in
> charge of sunboy.intek.com.  They have Spamassassin
> configured incorrectly.
>
> The good news is that adaptive spam filters can catch their crap and
> sideline it.

What an irony. Using spam filters to catch spam produced by spam filters...

> Duncan Murdoch

(sorry to add to the spam)

felix

--