Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Zelaine Fong <zf...@maprtech.com> on 2016/09/06 17:27:55 UTC

Drill Hangout Minutes - 9/6/16

Attendees - Paul, Parth, Boaz, Padma, Vitalii, Roman, Serhiy, Argenis Leon,
Arina, Khurram, Jinfeng, Zelaine

1) Design document template - Parth is proposing we start using this moving
forward.  He'll send out a separate note to the dev mailing list.  Assuming
there are no objections, he'll put the doc in a shareable location on
Google drive and then work with Bridget to update the dev guidelines and
include a link to the shared doc.

2) Release cadence - Moving forward, we'd like to switch to a release
cadence of 3 months.  This seems to be the right balance between not
waiting too long (e.g., in the case of the 1.7 release, there were a number
of questions on why that release lagged so long after the 1.6 release), and
providing enough time for QA to sufficiently test in between releases.
Parth will again email the dev list for additional feedback.

3) Code reviews - There are a number of pending pull requests needing
review.  We discussed using Jira to track these, by setting the status to
"Reviewable" and changing the owner to the reviewer.