Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by "Nordstrom, Kurt" <Ku...@unt.edu> on 2011/11/09 22:47:20 UTC

Unable to determine why query won't return results

Hello all.

I'm having an issue in regards to matching a quoted phrase in Solr, and I'm not certain what the issue at hand is.

I have tried this on both Solr 1.3 (Our production system) and 3.3 (Our development system).

The field is a text field, and has the following fieldType definition: http://pastebin.com/SkmmucUE

In the case where the search is failing, the field is indexed with the following value: A. J. Johnson & Co.

We are searching the field with the following string (in quotes): "A. J. Johnson & Co."

Unfortunately, we get a response of no results when searching the field in question with the above specified string. If we search merely for "A. J. Johnson" (with quotes), we get the desired result.  Using the full string, however, seems to cause the results not to match.

I have attempted to use Solr's analyzer (without success) to trace the problem. The results of this are here: http://pastehtml.com/view/bdgpdrt0w.html

Any suggestions?

RE: Unable to determine why query won't return results

Posted by "Nordstrom, Kurt" <Ku...@unt.edu>.
Karsten,

We're using solr.py for indexing.

Thanks for your suggestion, though. I will look into the indexing process to see how the ampersands are being handled.

-Kurt