Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Grigory Petrov <gr...@gmail.com> on 2011/09/06 12:53:45 UTC

Any workarounds for svnsync "file not found" error?

Hello.

I'm mirroring one of my repositories right now. Repository is hosted with
subversion 1.6.x and my client is sliksvn 1.6.17. The "svnsync" command
synchronize most of the repository but at some point it fails with:

Transmitting file data ...svnsync: File not found: transaction '12893-qyy',
path
 '/repo_name/trunk/path/to/file.cpp'

It seems to be some consistency problem with repository. But i can checkout
revisions from it and file in question is here and all is ok! So is it
possible to somehow make svnsync to continue and ignore this error?

Re: Any workarounds for svnsync "file not found" error?

Posted by "C. Michael Pilato" <cm...@collab.net>.
This thread belongs on users@subversion.apache.org.  This list is devoted to
discussion about the development of the Subversion software itself.  Thanks!

--
C. Michael Pilato <cm...@collab.net>

Re: Any workarounds for svnsync "file not found" error?

Posted by Grigory Petrov <gr...@gmail.com>.
> What repository do you mean by "from it" and "here".
> Is it in both source and target repositories that you are sync'ing, or
> you have looked only into one of them?

I mean that i can checkout revision in question of SOURCE repository (in
terms of subversion it's a repository i'm cloning FROM). If i checkout
revision in question, revision before it or revision after it all works fine
and where is no errors with file in question or any other files.

I also checked this on 1.7 rc2 - same problem :(.

> What are the changes to the file in the revision that fails?
> (Simple modification, added the file, deleted the file, replaced the file)

The output of svn log https://hostname/svn/repo_name/trunk/path/to -v -r
12892:12894
is like following:

r12892 | user1 | 2011-01-01 12:00:00 +0400 | 3 lines
Changed paths:
   D /another_name/trunk/another/path
   A /repo_name/trunk/path/to (from /another_name/trunk/another/path:12891)

Some
comment

r12894 | user2 | 2011-01-01 12:00:00 +0400  | 2 lines
Changed paths:
   M  /repo_name/trunk/path/to/file.h
   A  /repo_name/trunk/path/to/file.txt
   M /repo_name/trunk/path/to/file.cpp