Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by David Kramer <dk...@reflect.com> on 2004/06/17 19:37:44 UTC

NEWBIE: Sample INSTALL class fails at runtime????

OK so I have searched all over the web for this and Im seeing some very
strange behavior within this error.  I installed the jar file, and set the
classpath variable, Im doing this via a shell script within profile.d on a
RH9.0 box.  When I echo the classpath I see the jar, when I compile the
sample Hello.java code from the install file it compiles fine.  When I run
the Hello file three times I get the following error:

java.lang.StackOverflowError
        at java.lang.ref.Finalizer$FinalizerThread.run(Finalizer.java:160)
0 [main] DEBUG Hello  - Hello world.
5 [main] INFO Hello  - What a beatiful day.

Then on the fourth run I get a HotSpot error:

#
# HotSpot Virtual Machine Error, Internal Error
# Please report this error at
# http://java.sun.com/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi
#
# Error ID: 43113F32554E54494D45110E43505002C5
#
# Problematic Thread: prio=1 tid=0x80594e0 nid=0x2594 runnable
#
Aborted

Im using JDK 1.4.1_03, and Log4J 1.2.8, I searched all over the web for
something similar to this with Log4J but found nothing.  I was able to get
this working on an XP laptop with the same version of JDK and Log4J. I
have no clue what the difference would be between the two...

DK