Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Holmes <ja...@jamesholmes.com> on 2008/05/14 17:50:40 UTC

Struts 2 GUI tools

Anyone have any ideas for what they'd like to see in a Struts 2 Eclipse
plugin?

I'm thinking of developing a follow up to Struts Console that is
specifically targeted at Struts 2 and Eclipse.

With the move to convention over configuration it seems that a GUI interface
to the struts.xml config files might not be necessary. Perhaps there are
other features and functions that would be more helpful in day-to-day
development.

All ideas welcome.

James

Re: Struts 2 GUI tools

Posted by Robert Leland <rl...@apache.org>.
James,

You may want to try and team up with Yann Cébron who wrote the Struts 2
plugin for IntelliJ.

http://plugins.intellij.net/plugin/?id=1698
http://www.jetbrains.net/confluence/display/CONTEST/Struts2PluginChangeNotes#Struts2PluginChangeNotes-IDEA7

I have only played with it since I am not doing web programming now days
:( !

-Rob

Re: Struts 2 GUI tools

Posted by Bob Tiernay <bt...@hotmail.com>.
I would also recommend checking out the eclipse bea workshop support for
struts1.  This was pretty darn good as it gave a visual representation of
your action mappings as well as a lot of other deep data features.

http://dev2dev.bea.com/downloads/StrutsDemo/StrutsDemo.html

Re: Struts 2 GUI tools

Posted by Roger Varley <ro...@googlemail.com>.