Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "Kalimova, Julia" <Ju...@blackrock.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/23 14:33:04 UTC

Running multiple instances of MM2

Hello!

I’m wondering if it’s possible to scale up MM2 by running multiple instances per data center?
For scalability purposes, I would like to run 2 instances of connect-mirror-maker.sh in one data center. However, I cannot get 2 instances of mirror maker to work at the same time: once I start up the second mirror maker, it takes over for the first one, and the first one completely stops replicating: i.e. rather than scaling up and rebalancing, the whole workload is still handled by a single instance.
What am I missing here? Would greatly appreciate any guidance with this! Thank you!

This message may contain information that is confidential or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please advise the sender immediately and delete this message. See http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/email-disclaimers for further information.  Please refer to http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/compliance/privacy-policy for more information about BlackRock’s Privacy Policy.

For a list of BlackRock's office addresses worldwide, see http://www.blackrock.com/corporate/about-us/contacts-locations.

© 2022 BlackRock, Inc. All rights reserved.