Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by David DELGRANCHE <dd...@sogitec.fr> on 2001/05/30 12:17:33 UTC

Scope field in the deploymentDescriptor.xml

		Hi all,

	I'm completely new to SOAP and I try to test it to know if it can be a
solution for our development. I would like to keep my service object
instance on the server even if no request access it during several minutes.
Do I have to use the application scope or session one? What session does
really mean?

	Thanks for help

	David.

David DELGRANCHE
ddelgranche@sogitec.fr
tel. 02.99 05.34.25
Fax: 02.99.05.34.05
Sogitec Industries
24, Avenue Lavoisier
ZI du Champ Niguel
35174 BRUZ CEDEX

RE: Scope field in the deploymentDescriptor.xml

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,

Deployment descriptors and their associated parameters (including the scope
attribute) are described in detail in the "Deployment Descriptors" section
in the User's Guide on the web-site:
http://xml.apache.org/soap/docs/index.html

Specifically, read the last few sentences of the last paragraph in the
"Standard Java Class Deployment Descriptor" section.

In short:

application -> target object will last for the lifetime of the servlet
session -> target object will last for the lifetime of the HTTP session

Thanks,
-Matt

Posted by "Matthew J. Duftler" <du...@watson.ibm.com>.
Hi David,