Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Lorenzo Bigagli <lo...@pin.unifi.it> on 2007/11/30 16:22:48 UTC

activating parent-pom profiles

Hi all,

I'm trying to set up our parent-pom so that it defines build properties
for different environments, to be activated case by case (the usual
env-dev, env-local, env-production, etc.)
I was thinking of using profiles, although this seems tricky, also
according to the many articles/posts on the topic.

As I understand, parent-pom profiles are not inherited in child-poms,
but <activation> by system properties should work: it hasn't worked for me.
I have tried specifying the <inherited>true</inherited> property in
profile plugins, but no result.

Nonetheless, profiles are used indeed, apparently as I would like, in
the maven parent pom, see for example:

<groupId>org.apache.maven</groupId>
<artifactId>maven-parent</artifactId>
<version>7</version>