Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> on 2008/06/04 14:41:44 UTC

JSON is missing an entry in the notice file

Hi,

the following line needs to be added to the notice file in the
commons/json module:

This product includes software developed at http://json.org.

Don't know how to add this in the automated process?

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org

Re: JSON is missing an entry in the notice file

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 2:41 PM, Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org> wrote:
> ...the following line needs to be added to the notice file in the commons/json
> module:
>
> This product includes software developed at http://json.org.
>
> Don't know how to add this in the automated process?

I don't think we need it, see my comments in SLING-495.

I'll add info to SLING-493 about how the mknotice script works.

-Bertrand

Re: JSON is missing an entry in the notice file

Posted by "Roy T. Fielding" <fi...@gbiv.com>.
On Jun 4, 2008, at 5:41 AM, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> the following line needs to be added to the notice file in the
> commons/json module:
>
> This product includes software developed at http://json.org.

NOTICE is only for attributions that are required by their corresponding
copyright license or requested by the copyright owner.

If you just want to ack everything, then please do so in a README file
or some other form of documentation.  NOTICE is for legal compliance.

....Roy