Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by "Jeffrey D. Brekke" <br...@apache.org> on 2003/10/23 05:37:59 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons/Net v1.1.0 Released

The Jakarta Commons team is pleased to announce the release of version
1.1.0 of the Jakarta Commons/Net component.

Commons/Net is an Internet protocol suite Java library which supports
Finger, Whois, TFTP, Telnet, POP3, FTP, NNTP, SMTP, and some
miscellaneous protocols like Time and Echo as well as BSD R command
support.

Release notes, documentation, and download links are available on the
Commons/Net project site:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/net/

RE: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Commons/Net v1.1.0 Released

Posted by José Gustavo Zagato <jo...@emacdigital.com.br>.
Hi Folks !

	I'm trying to develop an applet with uses the commons httpclient
to interact with a struts action. I developed a few examples and it
worked fine, but now I need to somehow make the applet "join" the http
session started by the browser with loaded the applet. I tried to add a
Cookie to the request with contains the session id. In another shot I
tried to add a new header entry with contains the session id.
Unfortunately all shots went to wrong directions.

	So does anyone here has a example on how to add a new header
entry to a http get request ? There is any thing special that I need to
do to "join" a already started session ? How deep is the rabbit hole ?

Cheers !

  José Gustavo Zagato Rosa
System Analyst - Atos Origin
jose.gustavo@emacdigital.com.br