Posted to users@tomee.apache.org by Tamás Kimmel <ku...@gmail.com> on 2014/07/24 13:35:13 UTC

tomee-maven-plugin webappDefaultConfig broken

Hi!

I know this is an experimental function.
I'm just sending a signal, it stopped to work.
Last known working version is snapshot at 20140716.
Last known broken version is snapshot at 20140722.

I get this stacktrace on tomee:run:
INFO - Deployed
Application(path=/home/kumm/Workspace/_try/mavenwebproject/target/apache-tomee/webapps/mavenwebproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT)
SEVERE - ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component
[StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/mavenwebproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT]]
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:154)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:901)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:877)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:632)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1083)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:1880)
at
at
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744)
at org.apache.openejb.config.NewLoaderLogic.skip(NewLoaderLogic.java:180)
at org.apache.openejb.config.NewLoaderLogic.skip(NewLoaderLogic.java:176)
at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.OpenEJBContextConfig.processAnnotationsUrl(OpenEJBContextConfig.java:524)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1298)
at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.OpenEJBContextConfig.webConfig(OpenEJBContextConfig.java:366)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:876)
at
org.apache.tomee.catalina.OpenEJBContextConfig.configureStart(OpenEJBContextConfig.java:115)
at
org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:374)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5355)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:150)
... 10 more
SEVERE - Error deploying web application archive
/home/kumm/Workspace/_try/mavenwebproject/target/apache-tomee/webapps/mavenwebproject-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war

My test project is an empty maven web project created by maven
archetype:generate.
( mvn -DarchetypeGroupId=org.codehaus.mojo.archetypes
-DarchetypeArtifactId=webapp-javaee6 -DarchetypeVersion=1.5
-DgroupId=com.acme -DartifactId=mavenwebproject -Dversion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-Dpackage=com.acme Dbasedir=/home/kumm/Workspace/_try archetype:generate )

plugin in pom.xml:
<plugin>
                <groupId>org.apache.openejb.maven</groupId>
                <artifactId>tomee-maven-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>1.7.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
                <configuration>
                    <tomeeClassifier>webprofile</tomeeClassifier>
                    <simpleLog>true</simpleLog>
                    <webappDefaultConfig>true</webappDefaultConfig>
                </configuration>
</plugin>

Without line "<webappDefaultConfig>true</webappDefaultConfig>" everything
works as expected.

Re: tomee-maven-plugin webappDefaultConfig broken

Posted by Tamás Kimmel <ku...@gmail.com>.
i've looked at tomcat 8 class-and-resource loading logic, and i've seen it
is refactored a lot.
It is a hard task to adapt the tomcat8 way to tomcat7. - At least for me.
I think i will use my hacked version for now.
But i'll try trunk when i can.

Thanks for your time, and patience!

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hi