Posted to user@uima.apache.org by digital paula <cy...@hotmail.com> on 2013/10/28 17:59:11 UTC

Question on Regular Expression Annotator

Hi,

I had completed most of the tutorials on UIMA Framework (though I wasn't able to do the semantic search due to it not being open source anymore and removed from the uimaj-examples folder :-(  I came across a reference to the Lemur Project while researching alternatives and after an evening trying to get it working just ended up scrapping it all together.  I was able to install the PEAR via the PEAR installation tool but when testing it crashed due to unable to resolve  references to org.ibm.apache  that no longer existed so I imported project into Eclipse and changed the references in the java file to java.org.apache and still ran into problems with the CVD tool, the  indriCASconsumer descriptor was not finding the java class.   I'm going to look into Solr next since I see it's a more recent semantic search tool.

In the meantime, I am trying to work with the regular expression annotator add on.  I had installed the regular expression annotator via SVN within Eclipse as a separate project.   http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/uima/addons/trunk/RegularExpressionAnnotator/

The problem I had first off was that the reference in each java file was 'package org.apache.uima.annotator.regex' but the build path for the directories was main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex in the project.  This was resolved by the quick fix in java to change all the package names in the files to have the correct package name of  main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.

In addition, I just manually changed the import names such as:  'import org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position' to
'import main.java.org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.Position'

However I ran into a bit of a snag when I came across these to imports in the java file ConceptFileParser_Imp.java
I don't know how to resolve the error (the imports are not resolved)  since I don't see incubator anywhere in the project and I'm not expert enough at Java to resolve the second one:
import org.apache.incubator.uima.regex.AnnotationDocument;
import org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlError;

Would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

Regards,
Paula

RE: Question on Regular Expression Annotator - Last issue resolved, on to next and likely last issue with this addon :-)

Posted by digital paula <cy...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Again,

Ok so I didn't exactly resolve the last issue I just put the concepts file into the UIMA examples folder....as a sort of workaround.  I did reset the data path to the regular expression project in the xml descriptor but it didn't get picked up during execution.

I executed the Document Analyzer and it became abundantly clear that the issue I had earlier with the dependencies in Maven was not resolved via quick fix in Eclipse.

I installed the latest XMLBeans and did a SCOMP to generate the JAR in the Regular Annotator project from the XMLSchema.xsd and added itto project classpath.     The error I got when trying to execute Document Analyzer was this:

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.s4DE0C4BDB0BE7CAF27A97C2453FE4641.TypeSystemHolder

What the program is looking for is this:
path\target\generated-classes\xmlbeans\schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans\system\s4DE0C4BDB0BE7CAF27A97C2453FE4641

but the JAR has a different string of numeric/chars in the last part of the path.   Please see attached for illustration.

Stepping through the code this time didn't help at all.

Would appreciate any assistance on this.   I tried generating the JAR file on all the historical XML Beans XMLSchema.xsd file and some of them were equal to each other but none of them matched the generation I need:....system\s4DE0C4....

Regards,
Paula

Oh, by the way the last post was actually my first post but not sure why it got posted so late and out of sequence.

------Complete Java Error ---------------------------
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError

	at org.apache.incubator.uima.regex.ConceptSetDocument$Factory.parse(ConceptSetDocument.java:163)

	at org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.impl.ConceptFileParser_impl.parseConceptFile(ConceptFileParser_impl.java:66)

	at org.apache.uima.annotator.regex.impl.RegExAnnotator.initialize(RegExAnnotator.java:139)

	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initializeAnalysisComponent(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:252)

	at org.apache.uima.analysis_engine.impl.PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.initialize(PrimitiveAnalysisEngine_impl.java:158)

	at org.apache.uima.impl.AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.produceResource(AnalysisEngineFactory_impl.java:94)

	at org.apache.uima.impl.CompositeResourceFactory_impl.produceResource(CompositeResourceFactory_impl.java:62)

	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceResource(UIMAFramework.java:269)

	at org.apache.uima.UIMAFramework.produceAnalysisEngine(UIMAFramework.java:354)

	at org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.setupAE(MainFrame.java:1484)

	at org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.MainFrame.loadAEDescriptor(MainFrame.java:476)

	at org.apache.uima.tools.cvd.control.AnnotatorOpenEventHandler.actionPerformed(AnnotatorOpenEventHandler.java:52)

	at javax.swing.AbstractButton$Handler.actionPerformed(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.DefaultButtonModel.fireActionPerformed(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.AbstractButton.doClick(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI.doClick(Unknown Source)

	at javax.swing.plaf.basic.BasicMenuItemUI$Handler.mouseReleased(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue.dispatchEventImpl(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue.access$200(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue$3.run(Unknown Source)

	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

	at java.awt.EventQueue$4.run(Unknown Source)

	at java.security.ProtectionDomain$1.doIntersectionPrivilege(Unknown Source)

Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: Cannot load SchemaTypeSystem. Unable to load class with name schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.s4DE0C4BDB0BE7CAF27A97C2453FE4641.TypeSystemHolder. Make sure the generated binary files are on the classpath.

	at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.typeSystemForClassLoader(XmlBeans.java:783)

	at org.apache.incubator.uima.regex.ConceptSetDocument.<clinit>(ConceptSetDocument.java:20)

	... 50 more

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: schemaorg_apache_xmlbeans.system.s4DE0C4BDB0BE7CAF27A97C2453FE4641.TypeSystemHolder

	at org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans.typeSystemForClassLoader(XmlBeans.java:769)

	... 51 more> From: cybersation@hotmail.com

Posted by digital paula <cy...@hotmail.com>.
All,

From: cybersation@hotmail.com