Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Jürgen Schmidt <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/06/19 11:06:46 UTC

[RELEASE][REMINDER]: showstopper issues have to be proposed and discussed here on the list

Hi,

we have a list of showstopper issues where the showstopper flag is
already requested and we are working on reviewing this list.

If there are new critical issues that come up during further testing or
whatever please report an discuss them here on the list. We have to
prioritize and can't fix all. There always issues that are critical for
certain users but we can't fix all in time.

Critieria for real showstopper issues

- data loss
- crashes
- regressions compared to AOO 3.4.1

We can and will discuss the issues on demand but again we have to
prioritize and will focus on the most critical issues that affect most
users.

Juergen

Re: [RELEASE][REMINDER]: showstopper issues have to be proposed and discussed here on the list

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.
On 19/06/2013 Jürgen Schmidt wrote:
> Critieria for real showstopper issues
> - data loss
> - crashes
> - regressions compared to AOO 3.4.1

Regressions with respect to OpenOffice[.org] 3.3.0 are still quite
relevant too, since users have a legitimate expectation to find the
significant bugs (fortunately, not many!) fixed and the fact that they
were already broken in 3.4.x does not really make a difference to users.

I've see that some of these issues have already been fixed in the last
days, which is very good, and if I find that some are still pending I'll
nominate those that seem to impact on many users, so that we can
evaluate them.

Regards,
   Andrea.