Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org> on 2008/01/21 10:53:54 UTC

Re: svn commit: r613796 - in /tomcat/tc6.0.x/trunk: STATUS.txt java/org/apache/catalina/startup/HostConfig.java webapps/docs/changelog.xml

On Mon, 2008-01-21 at 08:41 +0000, pero@apache.org wrote:
> Author: pero
> Date: Mon Jan 21 00:41:31 2008
> New Revision: 613796

> Log:
> WatchedResource doesn't work if app is outside host appbase webapps

The previous behavior has always been intentional, as I considered that
webapps out of the auto deploy folder are not to be automagically
managed by Tomcat. It's not a very important issue, but it seems you are
committing this on a very fast track due to some customer need :(

As usual, there's the last minute patch rush before the tag. As a
result, I am delaying the new 6.0 tag by one week, to Monay 28th, in
order to properly review every .

Rémy

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
btw, I'll delay 5.5 as well, that way all patches that were entered
until now, can be tested. so there is no need to wait for the tag to
test, during this week

Filip

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
Peter Rossbach wrote:
>> The previous behavior has always been intentional, as I considered that
>> webapps out of the auto deploy folder are not to be automagically
>> managed by Tomcat. It's not a very important issue, but it seems you are
>> committing this on a very fast track due to some customer need :(
>>
> No customer need, but it seems a good extension as you have a public
> user folder installation.

I'm not sure the change is bad, but I wanted to point out the previous
behavior was not a bug. Of course, the deployer is what it is, but I
considered it should not touch or try to do magical things for stuff
outside the host appBase folder.

Rémy

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
lets try to avoid further delays, 6.0.16 is much anticipated

Filip

Posted by Peter Rossbach <pr...@objektpark.de>.
Hi Remy,