Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com> on 2007/11/29 20:41:24 UTC

Where to host schema files?

Hey everyone,

The PortletBridge project has a schema that we need to make available
for some of the faces-config extensions outlined in the most recent
spec.  I was wondering if making these available on the portlet bridge's
website was sufficient or whether we needed to put it somewhere else.
It has the potential to generate a lot of traffic as validations of the
schema may need to access this file on the website.

Scott

Re: Where to host schema files?

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Not sure.  I was looking for the JSF one and I know it's online but I
couldn't find it in the JAR anywhere.  Let me look again.

Scott

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
That's not up to me unfortunately though.  :)  I'm going to try to
figure out how it's packaged in Faces but it doesn't change the fact
that we'll still need it online.  The XML Spec for a schema definition
is a URI and all schema's follow suit.  Indeed if I can package the
schema and short-circuit the uri to it then traffic won't be an issue.
I'll still need a place, however to put it up.  But I guess I can put
that on the portlet-bridge website.  I'll keep you all posted.

Scott

Posted by simon <si...@chello.at>.

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
hrm...