Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Roy, Ansuman" <an...@logicacmg.com> on 2006/03/15 07:55:23 UTC

query about application resource and charset

Hi,
I have a content management system that generates the application resources.properties file. Now the value of many keys
are found to be of filled with  keys. Basically this happens due to non conformant utf standards.
If this is present in the jsps or the html pages then these characters are not displayed because both the
jsp and the included html is utf encoded. But when I take keys from the the property file the ÂÂ values are apearing again.
I have added the following line to the jsps:
<%@ page language="java" pageEncoding="utf8" contentType="text/html; charset=UTF8"%>

but no result,
How do i solve this problem,
regards,
Ansuman

Re: query about application resource and charset

Posted by Antonio Petrelli <br...@tariffenet.it>.
Roy, Ansuman ha scritto:
> Hi,
> I have a content management system that generates the application resources.properties file. Now the value of many keys
> are found to be of filled with  keys.
File .properties MUST have escape codes for special characters (i.e.
\uXXXX codes). This is the default behaviour when you save a
".properties" file directly from Properties.store. I suppose that you
don't use Properties at all...
Now you have two options:
a) use Properties in your code
b) use <jdk-dir>/bin/native2ascii utility by Sun.
I suggest, anyway, the first solution.
Ciao
Antonio