Posted to user@ant.apache.org by KC Baltz <KB...@responsenetworks.com> on 2000/12/18 23:20:42 UTC

RE: Tar lost file permissions. Anyone know how to maintain file p ermission?

It can't be done directly in Ant as Java has very little knowledge of
permissions; they're OS specific.

K.C.

Posted by "Julian M. Savage" <js...@fisci.com>.
You can also just restort to the "exec" task and use unix tar to create the
tar. That will preserve the unix file permissions.

Julian.
Posted by Scott Stirling <ss...@mediaone.net>.
I just use an Ant chmod target to restore all the permissions as needed.  I
ran into this last week.  The thing that really sucks is the chmod task
doesn't do anything on Windows.  It hasn't been that big of a problem for
me.  Definitely something for someone to try and work on if there's a way to
do it through Java.

Scott Stirling