Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "J. L." <dj...@yahoo.fr> on 2004/04/27 15:43:22 UTC

FormatKey attribute

Hi,

Is there a bug with the formatKey attribute of
<bean:write> tag ?

I want to use it in order to reference a
format-pattern in my application.properties file but
it throws an Exception :
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Wrong format
string: '#,##0.00'

It works well when I directly put "#,##0.00" in the
format attribute of the <bean:write> tag, but crashes
when I use formatKey !

How can I make it work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

RE: FormatKey attribute

Posted by David Friedman <hu...@ix.netcom.com>.
J.L.,

I made a bookmark when this came up the last time.  Check out the class
java.text.MessageFormat for information on how to format bean:write and
MessageResources/Application.resources files.  The online page is:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/java/text/MessageFormat.html

Regards,
David

Is there a bug with the formatKey attribute of
<bean:write> tag ?

I want to use it in order to reference a
format-pattern in my application.properties file but
it throws an Exception :
org.apache.jasper.JasperException: Wrong format
string: '#,##0.00'

It works well when I directly put "#,##0.00" in the
format attribute of the <bean:write> tag, but crashes
when I use formatKey !

How can I make it work ?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Dialoguez en direct avec vos amis grâce à Yahoo! Messenger !Téléchargez
Yahoo! Messenger sur http://fr.messenger.yahoo.com