Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org> on 2019/10/29 17:27:35 UTC

[NOTICE] Apache NetBeans 11.3 merge window OPEN

Hi All,

As the post-release commits (sigtests and spec version increments)
have been made, we can now re-open master for merging for 11.3.

Feature freeze for Apache NetBeans 11.3 is scheduled for December
15th, with release scheduled for late Jan 2020.  That will be the last
quarterly release before our next LTS, so this is the ideal time to
get new features in!

Given that we have at least one bug fix that will need cherry picking
for an 11.2 update, I suggest we might prioritize those before other
existing PRs ready for 11.3?  I also suggest that we merge those fixes
to master for testing, then cherry pick locally and open another PR
against release112 to get the fix into the release branch?

Thanks everyone!  Who's up for next release manager then?!  Some
knowledge sharing and documentation updating is probably a good idea
over the next few weeks if someone feels like volunteering nice and
early.

Best wishes,

Neil
Volunteer Release Manager for Apache NetBeans 11.2

PS. trying a [NOTICE] tag for project management notices following PMC
email overload conversation! :-)