Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2010/03/01 15:50:10 UTC

[IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Hi all:

So, we just passed a VOTE on the PMC list to use the following policies for
the Axis project.

1. All Axis committers will also be PMC members.  The reasoning here is that
if we trust you enough to change the code, you should get a binding vote for
important decisions.

2. All VOTEs for committership will take place on the private PMC list.  This
is analogous to the way members are elected.  The idea is to avoid any bad
feelings if a given vote doesn't succeed for whatever reason.

3. If a VOTE for a new committer/PMC member passes, we'll invite that person
privately, and once they accept we'll announce to the appropriate dev list
and general@.

Now... there have been a few people that were WS committers that apparently
didn't notice the PMC switchover happening, so we also decided the following:
 If you were a committer on the Web Services project and you missed the
chance to move over as an Axis committer, you now have a chance to rectify
this.  Please send a note to general@axis.apache.org and let us know WITHIN
THE NEXT TWO DAYS.  On Wednesday, we'll kick off a batch VOTE for all the
stragglers at once, and we should be able to get your commit perms back by
the weekend.

(Nikil, this doesn't apply to you as you're already all set for
committership, although we will have to VOTE you into the PMC since this
policy wasn't yet agreed when we did your VOTE last week)

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Dumindu Pallewela <pa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

Please add me as an Axis committer as well.

Thanks,
Dumindu.

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by François Mireaux <mi...@organdia.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.
Please re-instate my committer status.  Userid is nadiramra.

Thanks.

Nadir Amra
Integrated Web Services for IBM i Operating System
Internet: amra@us.ibm.com

Posted by François Mireaux <mi...@organdia.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.
Please re-enable my commit priveledges for axis2.

Thanks,
Robert

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 6:40 PM, Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com> wrote:
> How do I check whether I've already moved as an axis committer?. I did add
> mine to[1] sometime back though.

How about making a commit?

:-)

- Ruchith

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.
How do I check whether I've already moved as an axis committer?. I did
add mine to[1] sometime back though.

Sanka

[1] http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal

Posted by Andrew K Gatford <GA...@uk.ibm.com>.
Please re-add my commit authority to axis2.

Thanks

Andrew Gatford
Technical Project Lead
Websphere ESB Foundation Technologies
Hursley MP211
IBM United Kingdom Laboratories, Hursley Park, Winchester, SO21 2JN
Telephone :
Internal (7) 245743
External 01962 815743
Internet : gatfora@uk.ibm.com

From:
Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
To:
java-dev@axis.apache.org, c-dev@axis.apache.org, general@axis.apache.org
Date:
01/03/2010 14:52
Subject:
[...]

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nikhil V Thaker <ni...@us.ibm.com>.
Thanks Glen.  I appreciate the heads up.

Regards,

Nikhil Thaker
office: 919 254 9964
nvthaker@us.ibm.com

Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
03/01/2010 09:50 AM
Please respond to
java-dev@axis.apache.org

java-dev@axis.apache.org, c-dev@axis.apache.org, general@axis.apache.org
cc

Subject

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by François Mireaux <mi...@organdia.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by François Mireaux <mi...@organdia.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nadir Amra <am...@us.ibm.com>.

Posted by robert lazarski <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanka Samaranayake <ss...@gmail.com>.

Posted by François Mireaux <mi...@organdia.com>.
unsubscribe

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
Yes.. It happened last week.. You'll hear back soon.

thanks,
Thilina

Thilina Gunarathne  - http://thilinag.blogspot.com

Re: [IMPORTANT] Committer / PMC policy for Axis, and old WS committers

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.