Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Martin Kraemer <Ma...@mch.sni.de> on 1998/03/19 23:28:17 UTC

*MY FAULT* Re: BUG? ``deny from'' ceases to work

On Thu, Mar 19, 1998 at 09:56:29PM +0100, Martin Kraemer wrote:
> I'm either having some kind of compiler problem here, or the <Directory>
> blocks (or some other stuff) is setup differently on the intel platform
> than on MIPS. I'll try to recompile with a different compiler now

No, it wasn't the compiler. I had a <Location /~*> allow </Location> and
then tried to restrict access in a .htaccess file again.

Of course, it worked the other way round: .htaccess denied access, but the
<Location> allow overrode it again.

Maybe the docs should suggest not to put allow/deny into <Location> blocks.
(or at least hint on the fact that the <Directory> and .htaccess
allow/denies are evaluated *before* the <Location>s').

    Martin

Re: *MY FAULT* Re: BUG? ``deny from'' ceases to work

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
The <Directory> and <Location> docs do explain the ordering...

Dean