Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daniel A. de Araujo" <da...@itautec-philco.com.br> on 2005/04/04 16:58:30 UTC

All Spam to

Hi guys,

We have some email addresses classified as all_spam_to at Spam Assassin in
our system.
The problem is : If a message is sent to any user and the spammer puts a
address of all_spam_to at CC for example in the message, the message will be
sent to the users, even if its "High Scored" in S.Assassin. So they realized
it and are using this resource to have the message sent and not caught by
the Anti-Spam system.

Any ideas to solve this problem ?

Txs,
Daniel.

Re: All Spam to

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Daniel A. de Araujo wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> We have some email addresses classified as all_spam_to at Spam
> Assassin in our system.
> The problem is : If a message is sent to any user and the spammer puts
> a address of all_spam_to at CC for example in the message, the message
> will be sent to the users, even if its "High Scored" in S.Assassin. So
> they realized it and are using this resource to have the message sent
> and not caught by the Anti-Spam system.
>
> Any ideas to solve this problem ?

How are you calling SA? At the MTA layer, or at the MDA layer?

If you call SA at the MTA layer, not much can be done. At the MTA layer
SA usually only gets one copy of the message for all recipients, and all
it can do is mark it or not mark it.

If you call at the MDA layer, you can do per-user configs and have the
all_spam_to in the user_prefs for that user, instead of globally in
local.cf.