Posted to solr-commits@lucene.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/08/26 15:57:35 UTC

[Solr Wiki] Update of "DataImportHandler" by EricPugh

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Solr Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by EricPugh:
http://wiki.apache.org/solr/DataImportHandler

The comment on the change is:
Updating instructions to correspond to changes from SOLR-1369 cleanup commit.

  inline:example-schema.png

- This is a relational model of the same schema that Solr currently ships with. We will use this as an example to build a data-config.xml for DataImportHandler. We've created a sample database with this schema in HSQLDB.  To run it, do the following steps:
+ This is a relational model of the same schema that Solr currently ships with. We will use this as an example to build a data-config.xml for DataImportHandler. We've created a sample database with this schema using [http://hsqldb.org/ HSQLDB].  To run it, do the following steps:

   1. Look at the example/example-DIH directory in the solr download. It contains a complete solr home with all the configuration you need to execute this as well as the RSS example (given later in this page).
+  2. Use the ''example-DIH/solr'' directory as your solr home.  Start Solr by running from the root {{{/examples}}} directory: {{{java -Dsolr.solr.home="./example-DIH/solr/" -jar start.jar}}}
-  2. Extract the hsqldb.zip inside the example-DIH directory. This has an example hsqldb schema (in hsqldb directory)
-  3. Download the [http://sourceforge.net/projects/hsqldb/files/hsqldb/hsqldb_1_8_0/hsqldb_1_8_0_10.zip/download hsqldb 1.8 jdbc driver] jar from [http://www.hsqldb.org hsqldb.org] and save it inside example-DIH/solr/db/lib directory
-  2. Use the ''example-DIH/solr'' directory as your solr home.
   3. Hit [http://localhost:8983/solr/db/dataimport] with a browser to verify the configuration.
   4. Hit [http://localhost:8983/solr/db/dataimport?command=full-import] to do a full import.