Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Sebastien Renard <s_...@meloo.com> on 2000/04/18 16:42:10 UTC

Pb to access mySQL

Hello,

I am using Cocoon 1.7 with Apache 1.3.9 on linuX.

I am trying to access to MySQL databases using mm.mysql.jdbc. I add
the mm.mysql.jdbc.jar to the JServ Wrapper with the other .jar (xerces.jar,
jsdk.jar ...)

But it doesn't work, i get an "document contains no data" error and
the log file show a pb of connection to mysql.
Sometimes (my configuration files are changing a lot curently ..) the
server answer but i get very strange response, like "JDHFV@s45ssZFD"

Anyone know this pb ?

@+
Sebastien

Ce mel a été envoyé avec Meloo http://www.meloo.com

Re: Pb to access mySQL

Posted by Thomas Guettler <gu...@interface-business.de>.
Just five minutes ago I solved my problem with mysql.
Maybe you have the same problem.
It was a problem with the jdbc:mysql. I downloaded the newest
version (pre5) and now it works using both_comp.jar.
I enabled all debuging messages in serv and cocoon,
but there was no message about an exception.
I wrote a small testprogramm in java, and this
produced the "Bad Handshake"Exception, which is
mentioned in this list before.

Re: Pb to access mySQL

Posted by Donald Ball <ba...@webslingerZ.com>.
On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Sebastien Renard wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am using Cocoon 1.7 with Apache 1.3.9 on linuX.
>
> I am trying to access to MySQL databases using mm.mysql.jdbc. I add
> the mm.mysql.jdbc.jar to the JServ Wrapper with the other .jar (xerces.jar,
> jsdk.jar ...)
>
> But it doesn't work, i get an "document contains no data" error and
> the log file show a pb of connection to mysql.
> Sometimes (my configuration files are changing a lot curently ..) the
> server answer but i get very strange response, like "JDHFV@s45ssZFD"
>
> Anyone know this pb ?

Likely. Upgrade to 1.7.2 and it should go away. (I love saying that).

- donald