Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by WC -Sx- Jones <li...@insecurity.org> on 2003/05/20 19:24:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Re: DB4 Build Options [#8121]

On Tuesday, May 20, 2003, at 01:03  PM, Keith Bostic wrote:

> Hi, my name is Keith Bostic and I'm with Sleepycat Software.
> I'll own your Support Request for now.
>
>> I have built and rebuilt Db4.1.25 and Apache 2.0.45 about 25 times now
>> and I believe there is a build bug between Apache and Db4 ...
>>
>> If I build Db4 with
>>
>> ../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB \
>> --enable-cxx --enable-java --enable-rpc \
>> --enable-tcl --enable-test --enable-umrw
>>
>> The APR under Apache fails to build, even if using:
>>
>> ./configure --verbose \
>> --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --enable-module=so \
>> --with-dbm=db4 --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
>>
>> I am required to use a simple:
>>
>> ../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
>>
>> Then the APR will build using -
>>
>> ./configure --verbose \
>> --enable-module=most --enable-shared=max --enable-module=so \
>> --with-dbm=db4 --with-berkeley-db=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB
>>

>> This is not the correct nor desired behavior, if no one can see
>> another
>> reason why I may be building this project incorrectly, I will submit a
>> bug report...
>
> Unfortunately, I don't know anything about building Apache
> with Berkeley DB, so I can't directly help you here.  If
> your investigations indicate there is a problem with  DB,
> please let us know!

Well, I believe that the command:

../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB \
--enable-cxx --enable-java --enable-rpc \
--enable-tcl --enable-test --enable-umrw

and the command

../dist/configure --prefix=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB

Creates a very different db4 libraries and different db.h files...

Enough so that Apache doesn't believe it has found the right library.
When I get back from the movies I'll rip it apart file by file...

Thx;
-Sx-  :)

http://insecurity.org/
_Sx____________________
  ('>    iudicium ferat
  //\   Have Computer -
  v_/_    Will Hack...

               \|/ ____ \|/
               "@'/ .. \`@"
               /_| \__/ |_\
                  \__U_/

Re: [users@httpd] getting rid of it...

Posted by Ezra <ez...@acedsl.com>.
Hello Todd:
		Where does the iMac store its excutable files.  Also, to start you
execute apachectl or httpd right.  So do a find on these files and
delete them.  I know this doesn't get rid of all the files from Apache,
but its a start.  Also, in what directory did you install Apache.
Darwin is a Unix clone right.  Do a make clean in the directory  where
you installed Apache.

Thank  You
Ezra Taylor