Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2016/02/29 22:31:34 UTC

https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podlings/by-age - reverse sort?

It might be better to list podlings by reverse order of age so the
newer ones get more exposure?

Also the links to the podling sites could open in a new window?

Re: https://whimsy.apache.org/incubator/podlings/by-age - reverse sort?

Posted by Sam Ruby <ru...@intertwingly.net>.
On Mon, Feb 29, 2016 at 4:31 PM, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It might be better to list podlings by reverse order of age so the
> newer ones get more exposure?

The original purpose of this page was to draw attention to podlings
that needed a little push.

> Also the links to the podling sites could open in a new window?

That's an age old controversy: https://annevankesteren.nl/2004/09/new-window

Given that all browsers provide the ability to open a page in a new
tab/window (via control, command, or middle - click), I tend to agree
that pages should behave consistently, and leave it up to the user to
decide.

- Sam Ruby