Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/03 04:50:12 UTC

OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Everyone,

Does anyone object to us releasing a 1.5.3 release?
I'm only asking because we have several important fixes currently in
trunk that some people are coming across as they are trying to use and
we also haven't had a release since graduating.
I'm not trying to push the issue; but, would be nice.

I've also got more data we can test against with the addition of the
ConLL 02 and ConLLX data I downloaded that is available.

Thanks,
James

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
Does anybody wants to be the release manager for 1.5.3?

Jörn

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jason Baldridge <ja...@gmail.com>.

--
Jason Baldridge
Associate Professor, Department of Linguistics

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Aliaksandr Autayeu <al...@autayeu.com>.
Guys, I need to fix CLI for SimpleTokenizer. Otherwise I have no objections.

Aliaksandr

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "jim.foobar" <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.
Would the sandbox release have its own repo? Will users be able to get
it the usual way with maven-based dependency management tools?

Jim

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
With sandbox release I was referring to a release of things
in the sandbox, e.g. opennlp-similarity or the Corpus Server.

Why should we create a release branch after 1.5.3?
We can just make a 1.5.4 if something has to be fixed urgently.

Jörn

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by James Kosin <ja...@gmail.com>.
We have a few decisions here.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "william.colen@gmail.com" <wi...@gmail.com>.

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.

RE: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by Boris Galitsky <bg...@hotmail.com>.
Hi James

Re: OpenNLP 1.5.3 ....

Posted by "Jim - FooBar();" <ji...@gmail.com>.
On 03/05/12 03:50, James Kosin wrote:
> Everyone,
>
> Does anyone object to us releasing a 1.5.3 release?
> I'm only asking because we have several important fixes currently in
> trunk that some people are coming across as they are trying to use and
> we also haven't had a release since graduating.
> I'm not trying to push the issue; but, would be nice.
>
> I've also got more data we can test against with the addition of the
> ConLL 02 and ConLLX data I downloaded that is available.
>
> Thanks,
> James

+1 from me....but we still haven't decided what to do with the
aggregateNameFInder...
This is ready as well...

Jim