Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rune Gellein <ru...@bt.com> on 2020/03/12 19:00:19 UTC

missing dependency version

Hi,
I was have just moved to using the maven resolver ant task and I am now
getting this error:
/org.apache.maven.model.building.ModelBuildingException: 4 problems were
encountered while building the effective model for com.sun.xml.ws:rt:2.3.1
[FATAL] Non-parseable POM
C:\Users\me\m\org\glassfish\jaxb\jaxb-bom\2.3.1\jaxb-bom-2.3.1.pom: end tag
name </body> must match start tag name <hr> from line 5 (position: TEXT seen
...</center>\r\n</body>... @6:8)  @
C:\Users\me\m\org\glassfish\jaxb\jaxb-bom\2.3.1\jaxb-bom-2.3.1.pom, line 6,
column 8
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for
org.glassfish.jaxb:jaxb-runtime:jar is missing. @
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for org.jvnet.staxex:stax-ex:jar
is missing. @
[ERROR] 'dependencies.dependency.version' for javax.xml.bind:jaxb-api:jar is
missing. @/

This worked when I used the old maven ant task.  I can also see this gets
resolved correctly when using maven directly in the Intellij IDE.  So have I
missed something when using the resolver ant task?

--
Sent from: http://maven.40175.n5.nabble.com/Maven-Users-f40176.html

Re: missing dependency version

Posted by Rune Gellein <ru...@bt.com>.
Thanks for your reply, Mark.

Seeing that path to that jaxb jar made me check my maven config again.
Turns out I had the repository duplicated.  I thought I was using one in [my
user]/.m2, but as the path shows it is actually in [my user]/m

The pm file it was using in the 'm' repository had some HTML failure content
instead of the actual pom content for that jar.  Hence the error.  I had
checked the pom in the other repo many times and found it correct.
My build works now with correct settings.xml.

Rune

Posted by mark <mc...@gmail.com>.
looks like you got a html document instead of a pom file as a response