Posted to dev@bloodhound.apache.org by Dammina Sahabandu <da...@apache.org> on 2020/01/22 02:55:59 UTC

Fwd: Apache PMCs: your chance to support your projects with Outreachy internships

Hi All,

Just forwarding this email from Sally in case any of you have missed it.
Just wondering whether we can utilise this opportunity to find a good
contributor/intern to work on some of the stuff that Gary has mentioned in
his last email. Specially the UI segment of the new born bh framework.
What do you think?

Thanks,
Dammina
Posted by Gary Martin <ga...@physics.org>.
Hi,

Sorry I didn't respond earlier. I am not sure what others think but my opinion is that  we need to be demonstrating that we are able to provide the kind of support required before offering such mentoring. In offering mentoring for these kinds of programs, we need to consider whether we are definitely capable of providing the required benefits for interns, not just what they can do for us.

Obviously this is a pity so, on the assumption that there are more Outreachy events, we should look to be ready to take part next time.

Cheers,
    Gary