Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by "Mittler, Nathan" <na...@sensis.com> on 2006/06/30 18:02:50 UTC

New c++ library

All,
Tim Bish and I are just about ready with the new C++ library.  It
currently will only serve as a replacement for CMS (stomp C++ client),
but it's architecture supports pluggable connectors, so merging in the
openwire-cpp client code should be fairly easy.

Some of the features include:

1) stomp protocol (requies AMQ 4.0.1 or later for the added
request/response ids)
2) JMS 1.1-like API - consumers, producers, etc. - closely follows what
was done in the .NET client.
3) support for topics and queues (so far as they are supported by
stomp).
4) Connector architecture - facilitates having swappable protocols (can
use openwire or stomp without changing code)
5) meta-url syntax similar to the other libraries to support passing in
options on the url string.
6) complete suite of cpp-unit tests
7) integration-level tests (requires a broker)
8) Maven 2 build (uses Mojo native plugin)

I'd like to call this library "activemq-cpp", as it will support all the
JMS-like transports.  Of course, we'll want to merge in the openwire-cpp
code base into it early on to consolidate the two projects.

My idea was to post the code at people.apache.org/~nmittler (hopefully
this weekend) and let everyone take a look.  I'm open to other ideas.

Regards,
Nate

Re: New c++ library

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 6/30/06, Mittler, Nathan <na...@sensis.com> wrote:
> All,
> Tim Bish and I are just about ready with the new C++ library.  It
> currently will only serve as a replacement for CMS (stomp C++ client),
> but it's architecture supports pluggable connectors, so merging in the
> openwire-cpp client code should be fairly easy.
>
> Some of the features include:
>
> 1) stomp protocol (requies AMQ 4.0.1 or later for the added
> request/response ids)
> 2) JMS 1.1-like API - consumers, producers, etc. - closely follows what
> was done in the .NET client.
> 3) support for topics and queues (so far as they are supported by
> stomp).
> 4) Connector architecture - facilitates having swappable protocols (can
> use openwire or stomp without changing code)
> 5) meta-url syntax similar to the other libraries to support passing in
> options on the url string.
> 6) complete suite of cpp-unit tests
> 7) integration-level tests (requires a broker)
> 8) Maven 2 build (uses Mojo native plugin)

AWESOME!

> I'd like to call this library "activemq-cpp", as it will support all the
> JMS-like transports.  Of course, we'll want to merge in the openwire-cpp
> code base into it early on to consolidate the two projects.
>
> My idea was to post the code at people.apache.org/~nmittler (hopefully
> this weekend) and let everyone take a look.  I'm open to other ideas.

By all means import it into activemq-cpp if you like; trunk is a
development branch (the branch-4.0 is for production releases).

If you're a bit unsure by all means check it into the sandbox
directory first and we can all noodle it there first.
--

James
-------