Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Shaun Mcginnity <sh...@gmail.com> on 2016/04/01 16:30:22 UTC

Cache write-through for backup entries

Hi,

I would like to implement cache write through for both primary and backup
entries. The use-case is to maintain a backup of the cache on disk on each
DDM node.

I have implemented CacheWriter but it is only called for primary entries,
not backup entries.

Is there a way that I can implement this other that periodically polling
all entries in the cache?

Regards,

Shaun

Re: Cache write-through for backup entries

Posted by Shaun Mcginnity <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

thanks, I will give that a try.

Regards,

Shaun

Posted by vkulichenko <va...@gmail.com>.
Hi Shaun,

Posted by Shaun Mcginnity <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Val,

thanks for the reply.

My use-case is as follows: I have a small cache (say 100000 entries) across
3 processes. I don't have a shared backend store. If I have one primary and
one backup then I can recover from a failure of 1 processes. But I can't
recover from a failure of 2 processes. If I could write the cache to disk
then I could recover from 2 or more processes failing, although at the risk
of losing some data that was in-flight at the time of a crash.

I know it is an extreme case but it is being raised in our design
discussions.

Regards,

Shaun