Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> on 2013/08/12 05:31:43 UTC

Available secondary storage space is low

Dear all,

Anyone knows how CloudStack calculates the capacity of the secondary
storage's space?

My CloudStack 4.1.0 reports that my secondary storage's space is low, even
though it actually has lots of disk space. Problem started to happen after
I changed the secondary storage's NAS from FreeNAS to NAS4Free.

===
2013-08-12 11:20:56,578 DEBUG [cloud.alert.AlertManagerImpl]
(CapacityChecker:null) Available secondary storage space is low, total:
1969 MB, used: 1969 MB (100%)
===

It says I only have 1969 MB, while in fact I have more than 7 TB of disk
space.

Looking forward to your reply, thank you.

Cheers.

Re: Available secondary storage space is low

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.
Glad to know that. I added this into the troubleshooting wiki below :)

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Nitin,

Posted by Nitin Mehta <Ni...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Hi Kirk,

Posted by Kirk Jantzer <ki...@gmail.com>.
How did you change it? Have you restarted the CS management service since
doing so? Try placing the secondary storage in mtc mode. Then remove the
mtc mode - it should rescan the available space.

On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 1:30 PM, Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> Anyone can advise? :)
>
> Looking forward to your reply, thank you.
>
> Cheers.
>

> On Mon, Aug 12, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id> wrote:
>
> > Dear all,
> >
> > Anyone knows how CloudStack calculates the capacity of the secondary
> > storage's space?
> >
> > My CloudStack 4.1.0 reports that my secondary storage's space is low,
> even
> > though it actually has lots of disk space. Problem started to happen
> after
> > I changed the secondary storage's NAS from FreeNAS to NAS4Free.
> >
> > ===
> > 2013-08-12 11:20:56,578 DEBUG [cloud.alert.AlertManagerImpl]
> > (CapacityChecker:null) Available secondary storage space is low, total:
> > 1969 MB, used: 1969 MB (100%)
> > ===
> >
> > It says I only have 1969 MB, while in fact I have more than 7 TB of disk
> > space.
> >
> > Looking forward to your reply, thank you.
> >
> > Cheers.

Kirk Jantzer
c: (678) 561-5475
http://about.met/kirkjantzer

Re: Available secondary storage space is low

Posted by Indra Pramana <in...@sg.or.id>.
Dear all,

Anyone can advise? :)