Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Kenneth Ljunggren <ke...@amodo.com> on 2002/02/08 10:21:17 UTC

Struts scalability?

I got an assignment from my boss the other day to write some sentences
regarding how well Struts is suited for systems with high scalability
requiorements
compare to if you would code a MVC solution yourself using model 2.

I myself worked in a project were we implemented an own MVC
Model 2 solution that was were flexible and easy to config. When
comparing this
to Struts, it looks like struts is just another very flexible and
configurable
MVC model 2  framework so I don't see any scalability problems without
prototyping and digging deep into the design, which time I don't have
for it.

Anyone that have used Struts in any systems that required very high
scalability?

Br Kenneth Ljunggren

Re: Struts scalability?

Posted by Mark Woon <mo...@SMI.Stanford.EDU>.
Kenneth Ljunggren wrote:

> Anyone that have used Struts in any systems that required very high
> scalability?

See http://husted.com/struts/resources/performant.htm.

Also search the mailing list archive, there was a thread a while back listing
sites that were using Struts (subject was "Things that use Struts"), although it
descend into a debate over beer...  Go figure.

-Mark