Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Whitson <ja...@visionxtreme.net> on 2004/06/23 15:26:02 UTC

[users@httpd] Seperate logs with mod_vhost_alias

System:
RedHat 9.0

Apache:
2.0.48

Loaded Modules:
libphp4.so, mod_vhost_alias.so, mod_rewrite.so

Config Snippet:
<VirtualHost 10.1.2.3>
	VirtualDocumentRoot /www/websites/%0
	ServerAdmin admin@domain.com
	ServerName www.domain.com
	DirectoryIndex index.php
LogFormat "%V %h %l %u %t \"%r\" %s %b" vcommon
TransferLog logs/domain.com_log
</VirtualHost>

Problem:
I just got mod_vhost working correctly with the help of this list.
However, I still need to handle stats for each website, and I would like
to do it with as little maintenance as possible. Because I have th %V in
the LogFormat directive, it labels each request in the log with the host
being request (i.e. domain.com). But I use webalizer to handle my stats
so I would like to be able to split these logs apart and show them to
the site owners. I don't know how to do that with a single log file,
domain.com_log.

Ideas?:
I have read about apaches split-logfile perl script and I gave it a look
last night. It doesn't seem to do exactly what I need when it actually
works. Does anyone have a slick way of doing this?

Thanks for taking the time to give this a look.

- Jason